Friday, July 10, 2009

My Congresswoman Responds!

I sent an e-mail to my beloved Representative, Nita Lowey, detailing out why I thought that cap and trade was a ridiculous bill. To her credit, she responded with a form letter (that means that she read my e-mail, right?). Here is the contents for your reading pleasure:

Dear Citizen Zane:

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on global warming and climate change legislation. I appreciate having the benefit of your views and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I believe it is critical that we take real steps to reduce global warming. The science is conclusive -- human activity is contributing to a change in the world's climatic patterns. In fact, more than 1,500 scientists, including 102 Nobel Prize winners and 60 U.S. National Medal of Science winners, agree there is a discernible and negative human influence on the global climate. In addition, over 2,500 leading economists, including eight Nobel Prize winners, have stated that climate change "carries with it significant environmental, economic, social, and geopolitical risks" and that "preventive steps are justified." If greenhouse gases continue to accumulate in the atmosphere at the current rate, temperature zones, rainfall patterns, and agricultural belts would all be detrimentally affected and, under certain scenarios, the sea level would even rise.

That is why I supported H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act, when it was brought before the House of Representatives on June 26th, 2009. This legislation will increase the availability and use of clean, renewable energy sources, while also reducing greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to eliminating 57 million cars from our roads.

I agree that preserving our planet should not hinder our economic recovery. In fact, this legislation will create millions of new, green jobs. It will also increase our national security by reducing our dependence on foreign oil by more than 5 million barrels per day.

As utilities upgrade their technology to fully utilize alternative energy sources, this legislation also protects consumers from energy price increases. According to recent analyses from the Congressional Budget Office and the Environmental Protection Agency, the legislation would cost each household less than 50 cents per day in 2020, while the household savings generated from greater efficiency standards is expected to total over $4000, far exceeding any potential increase in costs.

Rest assured that as this legislation continues to move through the Senate, I will push for the highest levels of consumer protection, keeping our shared concerns in mind.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. If you would like more information on this or other issues, or to sign up for my regular e-newsletter, visit my website at www.lowey.house.gov. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can help you in any way.

Sincerely,
Nita Lowey
Member of Congress

Holy Cow - the science is "CONCLUSIVE", we are causing climate change! We better pass this bill right away, especially because it will create "millions of new jobs" in green energy and not "hinder our economic recovery". Who does she think that this e-mail was sent to, somebody stupid???? Nope, it was sent to Citizen Zane who knows that Congresswoman Nita Lowey is full of Sh*t! This is why we need to vote all of these irresponsible fools out of office. They don't care about the truth and they certainly don't care about us. I will be voting against Nita Lowey in 2010. I'm so fed up, I may even run against her out of spite. I may even garner 10 votes or more if anyone is paying attention. That may be a longer shot than me actually winning the dang seat - Citizen Zane

No comments:

Post a Comment